The 55+ Guide publishes and distributes local recommended business and service directories for ‘active senior’ audiences nationwide. Each edition aims to provide the audience with qualified and professional vendors in their market while generating word-of-mouth opportunities and referrals for its advertisers. Therefore, our mission is two-fold:
1. To provide local senior communities with a resource of recommended, quality service providers who can fulfill their needs.
2. To generate name branding, recognition, and word-of-mouth marketing for our advertisers within their local senior communities.
- The 55+ Consumer spends close to 50 percent of all dollars, yet less than 5 percent of advertising is geared towards them. There’s simply a lack of marketing, and that sometimes results in low awareness of cutting-edge solutions by many 50+ consumers. If you’re looking to target Boomers, this is where you have to start.
- Over the next 20 years, spending by people 50+ is expected to increase by 58 percent to $4.74 trillion, while spending by Americans aged 25-50 will grow by only 24 percent. The key takeaway for investors and entrepreneurs is this – this market is too big to ignore.
- 70% of the disposable income in the U.S. is controlled by Baby Boomers.
- Boomers outspend younger adults online 2:1 on a per-capita basis, and they spend more than other generations by an estimated $400 billion a year.
- According to research conducted by Pew Internet and American Life Project, adults in the 50+ age demographic account for 80 percent of all spending on luxury travel. All told, boomers spend $120 billion per year on travel, according to a report from Skift.